- Supporting Lectures
- IT Auditing (and associated textbook chapters)The discussion assignment provides a forum for discussing relevant topics for this week on the basis of the course competencies covered.For this assignment, make sure you post your initial response to the Discussion Area by the due date assigned.To support your work, use your course and text readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your classmates as early in the week as possible. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ initial postings. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion. Cite sources in your responses to other classmates. Complete your participation for this assignment by the end of week.TasksDiscuss the following topics:
- What is IT auditing? What functions are involved?
- Explain the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and provide a brief overview. Discuss the relevance to IT auditing, control, and compliance.
- Explain what the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act is and provide a brief overview. Discuss the relevance to IT auditing, control, and compliance.
- What basic skills and training are needed to be a professional performing in the area of IT auditing?