Cultural humility is a key feature of effective and ethical practice. To fully respond to another’s culture, we have to remember that we view it through our own cultural lens. This assignment is intended to help you identify a culture with which you closely align, explore a culture that you have little knowledge of or exposure to, and evaluate how biases may influence your ability to effectively work with patients.
- Identify one culture that you most closely align with and describe it (religion, sexuality, age group, ethnicity, gender, et cetera).
- Identify one culture you are not familiar with and is very different from your own. Explain why you are interested in learning more about this culture. This example does not have to be from your work in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). Remember to always maintain confidentiality in your examples and discussion.
- Research and describe the one culture you are not familiar with that you identified in step 2. Use at least 2 credible sources such as a website, journal article, or news article.
- Evaluate how your cultural practices and identity shape your interactions with others (for example, having very strong religious beliefs and then working with a patient that is the antithesis of your views, or holding very deep views on equality and working with a white supremacist).
- Explain how you would work with clients of different cultures than you. How can you work around or overcome your biases?
Your assignment should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: References and citations are formatted according to current APA style guidelines. Review the Evidence and APA section of the Writing Center for more information on how to cite your sources.
- Resources: 4 recent scholarly resources.
- Length: 4–5 double-spaced pages, in addition to a title page and a references page.
- Format: Paper must include an introduction and a conclusion.
PLEASE SEE THE SCORING GUIDE ATTACHED FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS ON WHAT IS REQUIRED. Suggested resource:
- Conners, B. M., & Capell, S. T. (2021). Multiculturalism and diversity in applied behavior analysis: Bridging theory and application. Routledge.
- Chapter 3, “Standards for Culturally Sensitive Practice of Applied Behavior Analysis,” pages 18–26.
- Chapter 14, “How to Integrate Multiculturalism and Diversity Sensitivity Into the Training and Ethical Skill Set of Behavior Analysts,” pages 165–178.
Want a similar task completed for you? Worry no more! Simply place your order at myessaydoer.com by clicking on the ORDER NOW option.
Myessaydoer’s team of experts is available 24/7 to assist you in completing such tasks. We assure you of a well written and plagiarism free paper. Place your order at myessaydoer.com by clicking on the ORDER NOW option and get a 20% discount on your first assignment.