Instructions***I will include all links, Scoring Guide for reference as well as a Word Doc that has the essay template. Please use the essay Template***
Databases and Database Management Systems
The following resources provide an introduction to the fundamentals of databases:
- Morley, D., & Parker, C. S. (2017). Understanding computers: Today and tomorrow: Comprehensive (16th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage. Available in the courseroom via the VitalSource Bookshelf link.
- Chapter 12, “Databases and Database Management Systems.”
- Sampson, A. (2015). Generic Database Fundamentals: Introduction to Databases [Video]. Skillsoft Ireland.
These resources will help you to install MariaDB:
- MariaDB. (2017). Installing MariaDB MSI packages on Windows. Retrieved from https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/installing-mariadb-msi-packages-on-windows/
- MariaDB. (2016). Installing MariaDB server on macOS using Homebrew. Retrieved from https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/installing-mariadb-on-macos-using-homebrew/
In this assessment you install MariaDB, import data, run a query, and answer questions on relational vs. non-relational databases.
Complete the following preparatory steps for this assessment:
- Download the Database Assessment Template [DOCX] and use it to submit this assessment.
- Download and unzip the restaurant_review_sql_dump.txt.zip file for use with the database.
Part 1 – Installing, Importing Data and Running a Query on MariaDB
Follow one of these OS dependent directions found in the Resources to complete Part 1 of this assessment:
- Directions for Downloading, Installing, Importing Data, and Running a Query in MariaDB [DOCX].
Step 1 – Install MariaDB.
Step 2 – Import Data.
Step 3 – Run a Query.
Take a screenshot of your query output and paste it into the Database Assessment Template that you will use to submit your assessment. Be sure to add a brief annotation to the screenshot in the assessment template identifying it and briefly explaining what it shows.
Part 2 – Explaining Databases
Include your responses to the following in the assessment template:
- Relational vs Non-Relational databases: MariaDB is an example of a relational database, while others such as MongoDB are examples of non-relational databases. Do the following:
- Identify two appropriate uses for each type of database with a brief explanation of why each is appropriate.
- Explain how each type of database stores and retrieves data.
- Database Best Practices: Perform Internet research on database best practices and address the following, while making sure to support your assertions with citations from professional sources:
- Describe three critical best practices for database maintenance.
Submit your completed Database Assessment Template with:
- Part 1 screenshot.
- Part 2 responses.
Make sure to read the scoring rubric to understand what must be included with these screenshots to reach the d
Want a similar task completed for you? Worry no more! Simply place your order at myessaydoer.com by clicking on the ORDER NOW option
Myessaydoer’s team of experts is available 24/7 to assist you in completing such tasks. We assure you of a well written and plagiarism free paper. Place your order at myessaydoer.com by clicking on the ORDER NOW option and get a 20% discount on your first assignment.