Scenario: You are a juvenile corrections officer tasked with making recommendations to a judge for a juvenile’s entire course of treatment. You can advise on the sanctions they should receive; the components of their correctional treatment; the programs, training, or institutions that should assist them; any alternatives or special conditions to consider; and terms for their aftercare and transition back into the community.
Write a 525- to 700-word correctional dispositional plan for a juvenile.
Choose 1 of the following juveniles to use as an example case study for this week’s assignment:
- Donovan from “Second Chance Kids”
- Rolon from “Second Chance Kids”
- Shawn from Juvenile Justice
- Jose from Juvenile Justice
- Manny from Juvenile Justice
- Marquese from Juvenile Justice
Note: If you choose an example with a known correctional plan, do not propose the same plan from the original case study. Make your own recommendations for a different process for the juvenile’s treatment.
Complete the following in your recommended plan for the juvenile:
- Summarize the outcome of the adjudication process and the disposition in this case.
- Describe the treatment of the juvenile in this situation.
- Explain how law enforcement and the courts might have interacted differently with this person as a juvenile than if he or she had been an adult.
- Explain the risk factors that need to be considered in the assessment of this juvenile.
- Explain how the combination of factors considered in this case was connected and influenced the original outcome, if at all.
- List any additional information you would like to have before considering other correctional treatments for the juvenile.
- Recommend 2 alternative correctional strategies for this juvenile: 1 that includes a correctional program that exists in your state and 1 other potential option.
- Explain how you could monitor, measure, report, and support the juvenile’s progress through treatment.
- Justify your plan with evidence that supports your recommendations.
Myessaydoer’s team of experts is available 24/7 to assist you in completing such tasks. We assure you of a well written and plagiarism free paper. Place your order at myessaydoer.com by clicking on the ORDER NOW option and get a 20% discount on your first assignment.