Whether in a scholarly or practitioner setting, good research and data analysis should have the benefit of peer feedback. For this Discussion, you will post your response to the hypothesis test, along with the results. Be sure and remember that the goal is to obtain constructive feedback to improve the research and its interpretation, so please view this as an opportunity to learn from one another.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources and media program related to multiple regression.
- Create a research question using the Afrobarometer Dataset or the HS Long Survey Dataset, that can be answered by multiple regression.
Use SPSS to answer the research questions.
- If you are using the Afrobarometer Dataset, report the mean of Q1 (Age). If you are using the HS Long Survey Dataset, report the mean of X1SES.
- What is your research question?
- What is the null hypothesis for your question?
- What research design would align with this question?
- What dependent variable was used and how is it measured?
- What independent variables are used and how are they measured? What is the justification for including these predictor variables?
- If you found significance, what is the strength of the effect?
- Explain your results for a lay audience, explain what the answer to your research question.
Be sure to support your Main Post and Response Post with reference to the week’s Learning Resources and other scholarly evidence in APA Style.
Frankfort-Nachmias, C., Leon-Guerrero, A., & Davis, G. (2020). Social statistics for a diverse society (9th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Chapter 12, “Regression and Correlation” (pp. 401-457) (previously read in Week 8)
Wagner, III, W. E. (2020). Using IBM® SPSS® statistics for research methods and social science statistics (7th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Chapter 8, “Correlation and Regression Analysis”
- Chapter 11, “Editing Output” (previously read in Week 2, 3, 4, 5. 6, 7, and 8)
Laureate Education (Producer). (2016g). Multiple regression [Video file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 7 minutes.
In this media program, Dr. Matt Jones demonstrates multiple regression using the SPSS software.
Accessible player –Downloads– Download Video w/CC Download Audio Download Transcript
Skill Builder: Interpreting the Results from Regression Models
To access these Skill Builders, navigate back to your Blackboard Course Home page, and locate “Skill Builders” in the left navigation pane. From there, click on the relevant Skill Builder link for this week.
You are encouraged to click through these and all Skill Builders to gain additional practice with these concepts. Doing so will bolster your knowledge of the concepts you’re learning this week and throughout the course.
Want a similar task completed for you? Worry no more! Simply place your order at myessaydoer.com by clicking on the ORDER NOW option.