From PBS, you are going to play the mating game (please watch the videos below). For each of the five species listed (Great crested grebe, burying beetle, sage grouse, eastern gray tree frog, and satin bowerbird) summarize the desirable qualities they are searching for in a mate. Also, make sure to identify each of the three prospective dates for each of the five species and describe the reasons why the two species that are not a good match are not good matches for the species you are “setting up”.
When using the videos the scrolling is done for you, but you may need to pause the video to read through the text. You can also click the box at the bottom right of the video to increase the video quality if you are having trouble viewing the text.
Also, remember there are five species that you need to go through the dating game with. In the videos there is one video for each of the five “contestant” species.
Lab 4 Report
You should write a full lab report that includes: an “Introduction”, a “Materials and Methods”, “Results”, “Discussion” sections. This lab report should be a minimum of 300 words. Only the submission of a single Word document is required for this lab report. Please ensure that your document is either a .doc OR .docx file to ensure that we can easily access your file from both a PC and Mac computer.
- Give characteristics of each of the five species (how big are they, how long do they live, what is their scientific name, etc.)
Materials and Methods
- In paragraph format and in past tense, describe the materials you needed and the methods you used to complete this lab. Yes, we understand this is an online lab so this section is a little difficult, but remember, someone (who is not in this class) should be able to complete the lab based on what you write here so what should you include?
- Would probably be best to split this section by each of the five species
- Describe the desirable qualities that each of the five species is looking for
- Include a table that has all five species, their three potential “dates”, and the date that was the best match
- Discuss, in detail, who the best “date” was for each species and the reasons why these were their best choices (simply stating “they are the same species” is not an adequate answer)
- Discuss, in detail, why each of the other two dates for each species was not the ideal date (simply stating “they were not the same species” is not an adequate answer)
- Utilize correct grammar, punctuation and content.
- Reference your response using APA style references and citations.
- Report should be between 300 and 600 words, concise, but long enough to substantiate claims
Myessaydoer’s team of experts is available 24/7 to assist you in completing such tasks. We assure you of a well written and plagiarism free paper. Place your order at myessaydoer.com by clicking on the ORDER NOW option and get a 20% discount on your first assignment.