Which of these neurotransmitters is secreted by the adrenal medulla but not adrenergic neurons?
None of these
- Which of these is not correctly paired with its effects on the neuromuscular junction?
- Botulinum toxin – blocks the release of ACh from presynaptic terminals, causing total blockade of neuromuscular transmission, paralysis of skeletal muscle,
- Curare – competes with ACh for the nicotinic receptors on the motor end plate, decreasing the size of the EPP. When administered in maximal doses, curare causes paralysis and death
- Neostigmine – prevent degradation of ACh in the synaptic cleft, and it prolongs and enhances the action of ACh at the motor end plate
- Hemicholinium – Increases reuptake of choline into presynaptic terminal
- Which of these accurately describes the effect of acetylcholine in neuromuscular impulse transmission?
- Acetylcholine binds to a muscarinic receptor on the motor-end-plate
- Binding of acetylcholine to its receptor on the motor-end-plate generates an action potential immediately
- Binding of acetylcholine to its receptor on the motor-end-plate increases the permeability of the motor end plate to both Na + and K + .
- Binding of acetylcholine to its receptor on the motor-end-plate increases the permeability of the motor end plate to both Na + but not K + .
- Which of these statements is true about the cable properties of neurons?
- The higher the membrane capacitance the smaller the time constant
- The higher the membrane resistance the greater the time constant
- Internal resistance, R i , is directly related to the ease of current flow in the cytoplasm of the nerve fiber.
- All of these are true
Myessaydoer’s team of experts is available 24/7 to assist you in completing such tasks. We assure you of a well written and plagiarism free paper. Place your order at myessaydoer.com by clicking on the ORDER NOW option and get a 20% discount on your first assignment.