In the role-play for this workshop, as the social worker, you want to build on your engagement skills, using concepts from the relational model to do so. You will also need to implement an evidence-based intervention during your role play that you have selected based on the client’s assessment and his treatment plan. This may need to be abbreviated since the role play will be shorter than an actual session; however, do your best to demonstrate the evidence-based intervention (one suggestion is to perhaps only address one or two components of the intervention during the role play), and address the other components noted in the instructions.
1. I have attached my previous ROLE PLAYS with this client and you will feed off those role plays
2. please make sure you refer to the case study below
3. please make sure that you use concepts from the relational model to assist this client
4. The role play is between the social worker and the client.
5. The role play needs to be 2 pages long
6. You should start the role play off with explaining that the session will be confidential and go over the social worker policies about confidentiality
Shondra is a 21-year-old, African American business major at a large university. Over the past few weeks her family and friends have noticed increasingly bizarre behaviors. On many occasions they’ve overheard her whispering in an agitated voice, even though there is no one nearby. Lately, she has complained of heart palpitations, profuse sweating, insomnia, and has angry outbursts. She has stopped attending classes altogether. She is now so far behind in her coursework that she will fail if something doesn’t change very soon. She lives at home and her parents have brought her for counseling.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS THAT SHOULD BE ADDED TO THE ROLE PLAY:
- Before the role play, consider the following:
- How will you demonstrate your engagement and other therapeutic skills utilizing relational therapy?
- What is an evidence-based intervention that you plan to apply to help the client meet his or her goals and objectives, and how will you demonstrate that in the role play?
- How will you handle disruptions, transference, and countertransference?
- As the social worker in the role play, be sure that the following are covered during the role play:
- Demonstrate the use of relational therapy (or other best practice) in engaging with the client.
- Apply advanced clinical skills in the multidimensional intervention of psychosocial dysfunction or impairment, including emotional, mental, and behavioral disorders, conditions, and addictions.
- Demonstrate components of an evidence-based intervention.
- End the session by asking the client how he or she feels about the intervention and his progress with the goals and objectives you outlined in the previous session. You also need to mention that treatment will be ending soon, and start planning for termination.
Myessaydoer’s team of experts is available 24/7 to assist you in completing such tasks. We assure you of a well written and plagiarism free paper. Place your order at myessaydoer.com by clicking on the ORDER NOW option and get a 20% discount on your first assignment.