Your presentation should provide an overview of a health policy issue as well as a solid argument either for or against that policy. You will prepare a two to three page paper briefly addressing the questions below.
- Choose a policy issue from a recent news article (i.e., within the past year) published in a major news outlet. Examples of credible media include:
- Cable News and Radio Outlets such as CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, NPR (including KPBS) and Al Jazeera
- Major daily publications such as the San Diego Union-Tribune, Los Angeles Times, New York Times, Chicago Sun-Times, USA Today, the Wall Street Journal
- Major news magazines and their websites including US News and World Report, Newsweek
- Major political news sites such as The Hill and Politico
- Major Healthcare News sites such as Kaiser Health News, California Healthline,
- All other sources must be cleared with me prior to your presentation
- This policy issue should have direct implications for the US healthcare system or population health. Federal, state, and local level policies are all acceptable options. Since this course is focused on the US, I would prefer that you choose a US policy. However, exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Your topic can be related to our class discussions, but it should have distinct features so that we can all learn something new. If you are unsure, then feel free to ask me.
Once you have identified the topic for your presentation, do some research! Search for other news on your topic. Reports and policy briefs from the government and non-profit research institutions may also be helpful – these sources often provide great graphics.
Remember to cite your sources if you use charts/graphs, specific figures, or quotes.
You should do enough research to have an understanding of the intended effects of the policy and the target population, as well as the major arguments for and against the policy. If it is a policy that has already been implemented, then you should gather some information on its effects (if available in the literature/news).
Include in your presentation:
- What is the source or media for this article?
- What is the main thrust of the article?
- What is the main policy you are discussing?
- Is there a change or confirmation to this policy? Or is this a progress report?
- Who is affected by this policy?
- Who in the healthcare system would care about this policy?
- What are the potential implications?
- What is your personal opinion about this policy? Do you agree/disagree, support it or not,
Myessaydoer’s team of experts is available 24/7 to assist you in completing such tasks. We assure you of a well written and plagiarism free paper. Place your order at myessaydoer.com by clicking on the ORDER NOW option and get a 20% discount on your first assignment.