ATTACHED IS THE SOURCE THAT NEEDS TO BE USED
In 2 pages (four-paragraph structure), answer and defend the following question:
The fundamental root to conflict and chaos in American society is:
- Social inequality (race, immigration, social interaction; think: crime, racial tensions, etc.)
- Economic inequality (class, poverty, social status; think: capitalism)
- Cultural clash (conflicting views on social values and meaning/purpose of life)
- Moral disconnect (conflicting views on what is right or wrong at a societal level)
Evaluation: This assignment will be evaluated based on three criteria:
- Quality of claim framing, analysis, and strength of your evidence; you may choose 2-3 texts to incorporate into your analysis, but at least two must be from different weeks/topics
- Effectively using class texts to support your ideas (for example, when incorporating a quote from the text, you should use the following in-text citation format: (author’s last name, page number)
- Ex: “My neighbor, Barbara, is a sociologist” (Johnson, 20).
- If there are multiple authors, simply add “et al. after the first author
- Ex. “My neighbor, Barbara, is a complete disaster” (Johnson et al., 20)
- When you’re incorporating a quote into your essay, the meaning/context it has in the text should be consistent with that in your paper; for example, if the author uses “culture of poverty” to describe why people are in a constant cycle of poverty, you cannot change the meaning of “culture” here and say it has to do with race.
- Clarity and mechanics of your writing (punctuation, spelling, general structure, etc.)
|Section||Questions to address|
|Introduction1 paragraph||Purpose: Attract the reader’s attention with a compelling purpose to writing|
-What is my claim/argument?-Do I start broad and then gradually focus on my topic?-Which texts you’re using
|Body2 paragraphs||Purpose: Support your argument logically using class texts |
Did I use class texts to support my ideas and avoided simply summarizing them?You’re not expected to dedicate each paragraph for a specific text; remember NOT to summarize the texts.
|Conclusion 1 paragraph||Purpose: Wrap up your ideas, hinting to the reader that you’re concluding soon|
-Did I reinforce my argument? -Did I provide some direction for next steps regarding the topic of discussion?
Note: You may write in first person: “In this essay, I will discuss”; avoid floating/incomplete sentences.
Want a similar task completed for you? Worry no more! Simply place your order at myessaydoer.com by clicking on the ORDER NOW option