- Click on the following link for the film, “Health and Obesity”:https://youtu.be/7MJnm5X9NN0 (Links to an external site.)
- Watch the 24 minute film. Pay attention to who created the documentary, what the main points are, and how it relates to Sociology as a discipline.
- Write a TWO page paper (NO MORE, NO LESS) addressing the following questions:
- What is the overall focus of the film?
- Who produced/created the film? How does that matter in terms of what the film is attempting to show?
- What evidence points to individual solutions for the obesity epidemic?
- What are food deserts and what are some solutions to them? How do they impact obesity?
- What is the connection between class, race/ethnicity, gender, and access to quality/healthy foods?
- On the third page of your paper, write THREE discussion questions about the video that would help future students apply their sociological imaginations to the content you watched. Think about questions that perhaps came up while you were watching it, or questions you think would be good for students to discuss in small groups.