This is the first of a four part progressive assignment that you will build upon throughout the course.
1.Review the total requirements below for the final research paper in this course (Looking Ahead), due week 8.
2. After review of the final assignment, select a topic for your research paper.
3. Complete and submit the Assignment 1 for this week.
Instructions for this week:
-Week 3-Part 1 is the topic of your final research paper. This should be a document with a minimum of 300 words. Also include title page and references in APA 7th edition style. Microsoft Word format.
Looking Ahead: Week 8 Final Assignment:
Develop a Sustainable Transportation Operations Plan (STOP) Paper for a supply chain of an organization of your choice.
This is a three-part submission which will be delivered on separate weeks (uploaded to Assignments). Do not include any secure, confidential or private information in your plan. Your STOP should include background about the organization, its products and services, markets, and supply chain strategies (e.g., green chain). Also describe its current freight flows and future freight flows after implementation your recommended sustainable transportation improvements would be implemented. Use three time frames for your STOP: near term (1-2 years), mid-term (3-5 years) and long term (6-10 years). Support your STOP with theories, concepts, and best practices from the course resources and scholarly resources available from the APUS Library.
-Week 3-Part 1 is the topic of your plan. This should be a paper with a minimum of 300 words. Include title page, references page, and use APA Style 7th edition style. Microsoft WORD format.
-Week 4-Part 2 is a detailed outline of your STOP. This is a minimum of 150 words per outline subheading. Also include title page, references page, and use APA 7th edition style. Microsoft WORD format.
-Week 6-Part 3 is the detailed outline of your plan but with a minimum of facts and information from three peer-reviewed or other journal sources from the APUS library or authoritative Internet sites. This is a minimum 7 pages of written copy or content. Also include title page, references page, and use APA 7th edition style. Microsoft WORD format.
-Week 8-Final Paper: Minimum of 15 and maximum of 20 pages, including title page and references page in APA 7th edition style. Microsoft WORD format.
Example Template for the STOP Paper:
- Demographic information about the organization: industry classification; markets, locations, # of employees, products & services, operations, suppliers, other pertinent information
- How does this supply chain support the organization’s strategic goals?
- How does this supply chain currently support the United Nations’ 17 Goals of Sustainable Development?
- What are the strengths of this supply chain?
- What are the weaknesses of this supply chain?
- What metrics does the organization utilize for its supply chain?
- What transportation improvements has it implemented for operations?
- What should be the next steps be to improve operations of the supply chain in support of the 17 Goals?
- Provide details to support your conclusions.
You may find it useful to compare the supply chain you are analyzing to an exemplary organization (Griswold, 2021),