CJ150M2: Analyze trends and patterns of juvenile delinquency.
GEL-1.02: Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard English.
Find a local program (Atlanta, GA) and a state-level program to use for your Assignment. You only need to discuss two programs.
Create an 8–12 slide PowerPoint® presentation incorporating speaker notes to include the following:
- Identify three components of the diversionary programs and initiatives within the programs you identified.
- Compare and contrast the state and local programs.
- How well do they contribute to successful reintegration services?
- How well do they contribute to successful and transition services?
- Analyze trends and patterns of these programs as they contribute to reduced recidivism (this may be data driven).
- Relate the trends and patterns to the programs overall validity and effectiveness.
Note: This Assignment requires outside research. Use at least five credible sources and discuss how you evaluated the credibility of the resources used.
The PowerPoint presentation should have the following characteristics.
- Contains a title and references slide.
- Bullets for your main points.
- Pictures to support your presentation where applicable.
- Must include speaker notes to fully explain what is being discussed in the slide bullet points as though you are presenting to an audience.
- Designed with a live audience in mind in order to inform your viewers about the topic.
- Research from at least two reliable sources to support the main message, including graphics.
- Incorporate information from course readings, the course materials, or other library sources to support your discussion. Properly cite all sources of information by including in-text citations and a list of references.
- Research and visuals are cited in APA citation format, both in-text and on a References slide. You need to quote material taken directly from a source.
- The same standards for documenting sources that apply to an essay, apply to a presentation. Go to the APA Style® Central website for a digital library of APA Style quick guides and tutorials to refine your writing. You can access this website in Academic Tools.
Information on using speaker notes can be accessed within PowerPoint by pressing F1 for help. In the search box, type speaker notes to display details on how to use this function.
Minimum Submission Requirements
- This Assessment should be a Microsoft PowerPoint (minimum 8 slides) document, in addition to the title and reference pages.
- Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your submission should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
- Your submission must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar and mechanics.
- Your submission should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- Your writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- A separate slide at the end of your submission should contain a list of references, in APA format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for research.
- Be sure to cite both in-text and reference list citations where appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow proper APA citation style. Review the writing resources for APA formatting and citation found in Academic Tools. Additional writing resources can be found within the Academic Success Center.
- Your submission should:
- include a cover slide;
- be typed in Times New Roman, 12 -point font;
- include correct citations
- be written in Standard English with no spelling or punctuation errors; and
- include correct references on the last slide.
If work submitted for this competency assessment does not meet the minimum submission requirements, it will be returned without being scored.
Plagiarism is an act of academic dishonesty. It violates the University Honor Code, and the offense is subject to disciplinary action. You are expected to be the sole author of your work. Use of another person’s work or ideas must be accompanied by specific citations and references. Whether the action is intentional or not, it still constitutes plagiarism.
Want a similar task completed for you? Worry no more! Simply place your order at myessaydoer.com by clicking on the ORDER NOW option
Myessaydoer’s team of experts is available 24/7 to assist you in completing such tasks. We assure you of a well written and plagiarism free paper. Place your order at myessaydoer.com by clicking on the ORDER NOW option and get a 20% discount on your first assignment.